Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being Self-controlled; by; Sheila Kay Smith

1 Peter 1: 13--
Therefore , prepare your minds for action; be self- controlled.
Set your hope fully on the grace to given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

How I desire to be self controlled; not given to arguments and being drawn into them.
There was an incident with a lady at a gas station not long ago.
I oftened stopped there to buy gas, a drink and a snack.
The lady wouldn't turn the gas pump over; so I could get my gas
I tried 3 times; and she always swhitched it back.
The guy beside me had no problems. He got his gas.
While I did notice a sign ; saying.
Pay inside after dark.
It was on the gas pump beside me too.
So, I go in and try nicely to explain to the lady what had happened.
The lady started getting huffy with me; and said
"Don't give me that attitude, when you come in here.'
I was so shocked; I said "excuse me?"
She said, "You heard what I said"
I asked her nicely to ring up my stuff so I could get out of that dang place.
She did
I also politely asked her to put my things in a bag.
Hatefuly she said," I am giving you a bag !!"
She got the change out of the drawer and was reaching over to give it to me
I held out my hand for her to hand it to me.
She had it in her fist and was pulling it away fast.
I told her.
"Give me my change and I will get out of this dang place !!"
Getting ready to leave; I told her.
" You have just lost a customer; and I hope you have a awful day !"
I was shaking when I reached my next stop.
I called the districted manager and told him what had happened.
That day really brothered me.
I had prayed tha morning for God to let others see His light shinning through me.
I failed Him ,
How I desire to be self controled and
not to stoop to the other people's desire to fight and agrue.
How I wished I could have said
"Jesus loves you anyways, and so do I,"
Prayer:
I pray that I might be more self controlled,

and let you controll my every actions.,
Let others see Your light shinning through me.

Written by;
Sheila Kay Smith,
August 5, 2008




No comments: